Off Campus Access
AUM faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students can use AUM-licensed databases, electronic journals and e-books off campus. Anyone with an internet connection may access the AUM Library Catalog without any special sign ins.
- If you are starting your research from the Library's Homepage, click the tab which reads "Databases."
- Open the pull-down menu to select a subject area, or browse the alphabetical listing which contains a list of all our databases
- Select a database to search by clicking on the name of the database
- A verification screen will be displayed
- On this page, type your AUM e-mail address into the first box labelled "AUM E-mail." Do not include the "@aum.edu" portion of the address.
- In the following box, type your AUM e-mail password.
- Click on the Submit button and after a few seconds you should be connected to the database
If you cannot connect to a database refer to the Troubleshooting Database Access From Off-Campus guide OR or call the Library Reference desk at 334-244-3649 and report the problem.
Alabama Virtual Library
The AVL is primarily a group of online databases that have magazine, journal, and newspaper articles for research. The AVL is for all citizens in the state and is especially helpful to students & teachers in kindergarten through higher education. The AVL can be accessed from the AUM Library Home Page under the category 'Find Articles'. Any Alabama citizen can go to their local library and get a free password in order to access AVL from their home.
Further information is available on the AVL FAQ's web page.