To provide online and hybrid students the same library services as on-campus students, the Auburn University Montgomery Library is launching the Embedded Library Services, which consists of the following:
- Embedded Library Content (ELC) – Av
- Customized research guide embedded in course
- Chat with YOUR Library feature
- Course-specific tutorials, videos, etc. (e.g., ; )
- Embedded Librarian (ELib)
- Customized research guide live and librarian embedded in pre-arranged Blackboard role
- Chat with YOUR Library that directs chats to Embedded Librarian
- Embedded Librarian engages with students based on professor preference
The AUM Library encourages professors from all disciplines to request either option for their courses; however, courses with less research components will find ELibC more suitable for their purposes, while courses with heavy research and/or library components should consider the ELib service.
Embedded Library Services Procedures:
- Request Embedded Library Services at least two months in advance of semester start.
- Contact the following individuals to request Embedded Library Services:
- Teaching and Outreach Librarian (TOL) – Samantha McNeilly
p: 334-244-3213 | email:
- Head of Public Services Librarian (HOPSL) – Jessica Hayes
p: 334-244-3814 | email:
- TOL, and HOPSL coordinates with appropriate library faculty based on requesting department to serve as Embedded Librarian
- The assigned Embedded Librarian and professor meet one month prior to semester start and will discuss level of librarian involvement, what Blackboard role of Embedded Librarian, etc.
- Before semester start, email Carolyn Rawl, Online and Digital Learning Director (), and CC professor. Request that you, the Embedded Librarian, be added to the Blackboard class in the pre-arranged Blackboard role.