The Friends of the AUM Library is a support organization for the Auburn University Montgomery Library. The Friends seek to increase the Library's role within the University and throughout Alabama. The Friends work to enrich and develop the resources and facilities of the Library, to promote community appreciation for the essential role of libraries in the educational process, and in the overall cultural advancement of the region.
Supporters shape the AUM Library, and as a Friend of the Library, you can make a difference. A Friend of the AUM Library helps increase the resources and services available to students, faculty, and alumni, along with benefitting the outside community.
In the past, Friends of the Library have made the following possible:
- New furniture
- Comfortable and collaborative study spaces
- Supplemental workshops
- Virtual reference services
- Additional library materials
- Updated library technology equipment
The AUM Library welcomes and appreciates all levels of financial support from our Friends; and we thank our Friends with a variety of opportunities that allows them to join a circle of alumni and friends who participate in the success of the Library at Auburn University at Montgomery.
Auburn University at Montgomery
Friends of the Library
- $50 – $99 Family
- $100 - $249 Contributor
- $250-$499 Patron
- $500 + Chancellor’s Circle*
*Donations over $1000 include automatic membership in the AUM Chancellor’s Society
In addition to gifts for specific projects, the Friends
- established the Scottie Fitzgerald Smith Library Endowment to build library resources in Alabama literature, history, and politics
- contribute significantly to building the Library's collections in drama, fine arts, and literature
- publishes Ex Libris, a newsletter designed to keep members informed of library-related news and events.
Membership in the Friends is available to all interested individuals. Benefits in the Friends includes borrowing privileges from the Library, as well as invitations to Friends events. For more information regarding memberships, please contact:
Samantha McNeilly, Archives & Special Collections Associate
7300 University Drive
Montgomery, Alabama 36117-3596