Library Resources & Services for Blackboard Courses
To enhance student learning, the AUM Library suggests that the following services be used by faculty teaching Blackboard courses.
Link to the Library's Web Site
A link to the Library's Web site can be placed on the course main page. Library icons are available in Blackboard. The URL (Web address) for the Library is http://aumnicat.aum.edu/.
Link to Research Guides
The Library provides online guides for research assistance. If you would like a guide created for your course assignment and/or a library instruction session for your students, contact Barbara Hightower at 244-3994 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow at least two weeks notice.
Link to the Library's Online Catalog & EBSCO eBook Collection
Link to the Library's Databases
Students can search the Library's databases for articles in journals, magazines, and newspapers from anywhere on or off campus.
- To link to a group of subject-specific databases:
- select the subject heading from the databases page
- copy and paste the URL (Web address) into your course material
- To link to a specific database:
- locate the database title in one of the database subject lists or from the alphabetical list of all databases
- point your mouse at the database name
- click the right mouse button
- click on "Copy Shortcut" from the menu box
- paste the URL into your course material
- the database URL (database address) must begin with https://aumnicat.aum.edu/login?url= for database access off campus
- To link to Serials Solutions to locate full-text articles in the Library's databases:
- copy and paste http://aumnicat.aum.edu/articles/indexes/ejournals.html into your course materials
Link to an Article
You can link to a specific article in your syllabus, reading list, or assignment from many of the Library's databases. This allows students to read the article anywhere anytime. To link to an article, you must first create a persistent link (a URL for an individual item). For information on creating persistent links, consult:
- Creating Persistent Links for Articles, Ebooks, and Other Materials from the AUM Library's Databases
If you need assistance with linking to a specific article, contact Barbara Hightower at 244-3994 (email@example.com).
Please include a statement indicating that the articles and other materials to which you link are from the Library's databases. Access to these databases is supported by the students' technology fees.
Link to Government Information
Federal and state governments provide access to the text of many publications on their Web sites. Frequently these publications and other government information are appropriate for academic research. For more information on locating and linking to government information online, contact Rickey Best at 244-3276 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit Government Documents or call 244-3650.
Link to E-Reserves
The URL (Web address) for linking to E-Reserves is http://ereserve.aum.edu/eres/default.aspx. For information on placing materials on E-Reserves, refer to the E-Reserves policies or visit or call the Access Services Desk at 244-3647.
Link to Interlibrary Loan Request Forms
The URL (Web address) for linking to Interlibrary Loan Request Forms is http://illiad.aum.edu/.
Link to Universal Borrowing
Universal Borrowing is a cooperative service that allows AUM students, faculty, and staff to borrow books directly from another ALLIES partner library. The URL (Web address) for linking to information on Universal Borrowing is http://aumnicat.aum.edu/departments/access/universal.html.
Link to Ask a Librarian
If your students need additional research assistance, they can visit the Ask A Librarian page.