Policies for Other User Categories
Read full policy details for further information.
Alumni Privileges and Limitations
- Must have current, valid Alumni membership card.
- 10 books checked out for 28 days. To renew, items MUST be brought back to the Library. Then they can be checked out for another 28 days.
- Will be able to use databases from within the Library.
- May use the Library’s computer lab when there are no classes in that lab—MUST show valid Alumni membership card and present picture ID to sign in.
- Alumni who are NOT members of the Alumni Association are welcome to sign up for Library privileges by purchasing a Community User cards, valid for one year, for $25.
Continuing Education Users Privileges and Limitations
- Must be currently enrolled; privilege card good for one term only.
- Up to 10 books checked out for 28 days. To renew for another 28 days, books MUST be brought back to the Library.
- May request materials through Interlibrary Loan.
- May use listening/DVD/VCR carrels.
- May NOT use the Library’s computer lab OR Reference area computers except for the public access terminals which do not require a log-in. Pirinting at these computers costs $0.10/page for B/W, and $0.25/page for color.
English as a Second Language (ESL) Users Privileges and Limitations
- May use the Library's computers lab OR Reference area computers except for the public access terminals which do not require a log-in. Pirinting at these computers costs $0.10/page for B/W, and $0.25/page for color.
Montgomery Higher Education Consortium Members
The Montgomery Higher Education Consortium applies to faculty, staff, and students from the following institutions:
- Alabama Public Library Service
- Alabama State University
- Faulkner University
- Huntingdon College
- Troy State University Montgomery
These individuals may register at their home library to obtain privileges at the other member libraries. MHE Consortium members are eligible to borrow 5 items for 14 days.
Users from other Colleges
With proof of status, and on a semester basis, certain privileges are extended to qualified users from Amridge University (formerly known as Southern Christian University). Students from this institution must bring a card from their home library. Please contact the AUM Library Access Services Department at (334) 244-3647 for complete details.
Community Users Privileges and Limitations
- MUST buy a Community User card, good for one year, for $25. MUST have card with you to check out books from the Library.
- 10 books, and books only, checked out for up to 28 days. Books MUST be brought back in to the Library to renew for another 28 days.
- May not request materials via Interlibrary Loan.
- May not use listening/VCR/DVD carrels.
- No remote access to Library databases. May use public terminals on 2nd floor for databases available through Alabama Virtual Library, including Literature Resource Center. If in doubt about which databases will help you, please ask at the Reference Desk.
- May NOT use the Library’s computer lab OR Reference area computer except for the public access terminals which do not require a log-in.
All K-12 users must register at the Access Services Desk upon entering the Library, at which time the student will receive a guest badge. Parents/guardians of students wishing to borrow books may purchase a Community User card for the students.