Community Users & Alumni Privileges
What library privileges do members of the AUM Alumni Association have?
- Active members of the AUM Alumni Association may use the library's computers, which are located on the second floor of the Library Tower. While alumni may access our electronic databases using one of the computers located within the library, off-campus access to databases is not permitted.
- In order to check out materials, user must show a valid AUM Alumni Association membership card and present a picture ID at the Circulation desk.
What library privileges do English as a Second Language (ESL) students have?
- ESL students may use the library's computers, which are located on the second floor of the Library Tower. While ESL students may access our electronic databases using one of the computers located within the library, off-campus access to databases by is not permitted.
What library privileges do Continuing Education students have?
- Con Ed students may use one of our guest computers, located on the second floor, to access our electronic databases or to print out materials. Printing at these computers is $0.10 per page.
I am not a student at AUM. May I use the computer lab?
The computers located on the 2nd floor of the Library Tower are primarily intended for use by current AUM students and Alumni Association members only. Non-students may use library computers in the following areas:
- The 1st floor of the library has six computers available for browsing the internet. Printing is not available from these computers.
- There are two guest computers in the Reference area on the 2nd floor. Printing is available from these computers, which is $0.10 per page. Microsoft Office is installed on these computers as well.
Please note that our guest computers are only to be used for research purposes. A time limit of 30 minutes per user may be imposed if there are others waiting to use one of the guest computers.
Members of the public are encouraged to access databases provided by the Alabama Virtual Library at these computers.
For information or assistance consult our reference department at 334-244-3649 OR our Access Services department at 334-244-3647 or e-mail Ask a Librarian.